ABOUT INOGEN Inogen was founded in 2001 to improve quality of life and increase freedom and independence for oxygen therapy users. Inogen is innovation in oxygen therapy. The Inogen mission is to improve freedom and independence for oxygen therapy patients through innovative products and services. Inogen is a manufacturer and Accredited Homecare Provider.
Inogen is focused on quality care, continuous improvement, and outstanding customer satisfaction. We are a stable, USA based company dedicated to providing an exciting and rewarding career to our employees. We completed a successful Initial Public Offering on the NASDAQ in 2014 and have demonstrated substantial growth over the last five years. Our work environment is casual yet high performing, and we are looking for seriously talented, motivated, and fast-paced professionals to join our team.
JOB DESCRIPTION The effective management of Inogen's manufacturing associates, processes and materials to produce the expected results in Quality and Output of FDA registered medical devices. Instill and maintain a sense of pride and ownership within the manufacturing organization that will continuously compel the team to produce and deliver high quality products on time and on budget. Drive continuous improvement efforts to identify and eliminate waste, reduce cost and improve quality. Establish and supervise procedures within the organization that comply with FDA, ISO and OSHA standards.
- Direct the handling of materials from receipt thru shipment.
- Accept responsibility for shipping only highly reliable product.
- Adjust Manufacturing Associates' priorities and daily goals to meet changing demands.
- Identify Manufacturing Associates' strengths and weaknesses and adjust responsibilities and training requirements appropriately.
- Determine personnel performance, create requisitions for hiring, Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) when necessary, promotion opportunities and be involved in the interviewing, hiring and if necessary termination of Associates.
- Approve and initiate changes to production, packaging and shipping procedures in accordance with ISO and FDA standards.
- Review metrics as part of the continuous improvement program.
- Administer and document regular training of production personnel.
- Provide oversight to the production control and inventory control activities.
- Work closely with Engineering, Materials and Quality to drive continuous improvement activities throughout manufacturing.
- Work with the Materials group to identify and address material and supplier issues.
- Responsible for all inventory accuracy, including R/I, MRB, FG, stockroom and WIP.
- Responsible for ensuring production cells have materials required to meet production goals.
- Communicates delivery and reorder trigger points to the Materials group.
- Performs transactions moving materials from location to location or from location to accounts.
- Performs and reconciles inventory cycle counts on a weekly basis.
- Effectively manages floor stock, oversized and 2 bin system materials.
- Participates in the MRB process to keep material accurate and flowing through disposition.
- Oversees inventory audits.
- Works closely with Quality to ensure only release material is placed into inventory and delivered to the production floor.
- Maintain all production personnel training records and verify the training records contain all documentation needed to support the individual's qualifications of a given assembly or test station.
- Maintain the Training Matrix used to track individual training progression and provide a snapshot of individual qualifications.
- Work closely with Document Control to track and distribute deviations issued to the production floor as well as all Manufacturing Procedures and Quality Procedures. Confirm that only the most current procedures are released and on the floor.
- Coordinate with Product Development to transfer new products/line extensions from the development stage to production release while assuring changes are designed properly for test and manufacturing.
- Analyze improvements, revisions and implementation of new business processes or systems.
Do you possess these abilities?
- Strong leadership skills and proven experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of ISO and FDA standards
- Either strong skills and experience in a supervisory roll equivalent or an in-depth knowledge of the specific departmental job functions.
- Preferred experience in medical device manufacturing.
- Appropriate educational courses can be substituted for work experience.
WHY INOGEN Inogen is a dynamic company that is not only focused on quality care of patients, but is also committed to being a top employer. Each of Inogen' s offices have a casual culture that supports employees being responsible and developing professionals.
We offer competitive salaries and a robust benefit package:
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan 401 (K) plan available for all employees Health, dental, vision insurance Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program Life Insurance Long Term Disability Robust paid time off and 8 paid holidays Employee Assistance Program
See the Inogen Team in action:
Inogen Where we go to work hard to positively impact people's lives
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.